The anticipation, the smell of popcorn, the comfy seats, the AC, and the huge screen all make the movie-going experience exciting.
Movies are a great way to beat the summer heat and help entertain your kids (and you) for awhile.
Here are a few that won't break the bank -
Alamo Theatre: FREE- Movie calendar
Cinemark: $1 admission- Schedule
Santikos Paladium: FREE - Schedule
Regal Entertainment Group: $1 admission - Scheule
Studio Movie Grill: $2 adult, $1 child - Schedule
Central Green: FREE Movie Nights
You can also drive out to the Showboat Theatre, a drive-in, for an evening of fun. Pack a dinner and go early (because they sell out almost every night). There is a very small playground for the kids to play on. They do sell concessions and there are bathrooms but if the drive-in is full it's very difficult to get to both. My suggestion: pack your own snacks and take a small training potty :) $6 admission for adults, $4 for children (double feature). CASH ONLY.
Summer reading programs are a great way to encourage your child(ren) to continue reading throughout the summer.
Programs offer incentives of all kinds so check them out to find the one(s) your child is interested in.
Summer Reading Clubs/Incentives:
- Harris County Libraries- Begins June 4. Read 10 books and earn a certificate (Each library has different rewards. Check yours for specific details.)
- Barnes and Noble- Read 8 books and get a book for free as a reward
- Half Price Books- June 1st -July 31st. Kids ages 14 and under.
- Fort Bend Libraries- June 3 - Aug 3. Theme: "Dig Into Reading". Rewards include: 5 books - Bookmark, 10 books - Pencil, 15 books - Certificate, 20 books - Reading Trophy
- Houston Public Libraries- June 1-August 1. Theme: "Go Under Cover". 10 books- free book, 20 books- free book and one voucher for a free ticket to a Houston Astros game (children K-12), and a coupon for the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus.
- Katy Budget Books- 2450 Fry Road, Houston, TX 77084. Call: 281. 578.7770. Summer Children's Program every Tuesday from 10:00am - 11:00am beginning on June 4th.
- Scholastic- When kids log their reading minutes, they help their schools as they participate in the Read For World Record Challenge!
- Sylvan Learning Centers- "Book Adventure". Read books, take an online quiz to earn points, redeem the points for printable prizes.
- HEB Buddy Reading Program- read 10 books and receive a t-shirt, certificate, and 20 point sticker
- BookWorm Shop- 22764 Westheimer Pkwy, Katy, TX. Reading Clubs available. Call to join: 281-693-READ
- Chuck E Cheese's- Print out and record reading on Reading Calendar (2 weeks) and get 10 free tokens with food purchase.
- Book It!: Read 5 books, grades K-6, and be entered to win a summer prize package.
Try having a "Reading Camp Out" with your children this summer. Set up a tent (inside with AC would probably be best in Katy), tell stories, read stories, have camp type food and snacks, use flashlights, etc. Get other fun, family friendly reading ideas here.
|<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>|
|Results 1 - 8 of 830|